Friday | 08 May | 2020
By Emsie Martin
Fate definitely has no respect for the total lockdown. Accidents happen, on the road, in your house, wherever you may be. Geysers burst, hail falls and potholes lie waiting for you. Perhaps the time has come to look at your insurance again and to contact them and make some amendments.
At Virseker they know that the lockdown affects everybody and it is exactly in these uncertain times that you need insurance that supports you. Auto & General, of which Virseker is a product, are giving their clients a R35 million premium relief. They realise that you need help now more than ever before. Although most of their personnel are not working in their offices, there are consultants should you have any enquiries or claims.
The online portal is available any time of the day or night should you want to amend your policy.
If you need some flexibility regarding your premium, they will do their best to help you, depending on your unique circumstances:
- If you have been dismissed and took out a Gatsakbonus, your insurance premiums will be paid for six months.
- If your Gatsakbonus is payable within the next six months, you can contact them and ask that it be used to pay your premium.
- If you need a lower premium, the cover that you don’t need at the moment (car rental or certain portable property such as jewellery) can be removed.
- If you were involved in a car accident during April, you do not have to make an excess payment.
- If you are currently using a rental vehicle, you do not have to pay for it during the lockdown.
- You may also qualify for a discount of up to 20% during April.
Visit the website for your policy information, to download documents, to do a self-inspection of your car, to submit a claim or to amend your policy online.
In case of an emergency call 0861 33 37 85 for accident and road assistance.
Visit the website of the South African government at https://www.gov.za/Coronavirus) to keep abreast of the latest developments and information regarding Covid-19 (corona virus).
* All information was correct at the time of publication.