Sunday | 12 April | 2020
A lockdown in its current format will cause an economic implosion. Considering this, the Solidarity this weekend made comprehensive proposals to President Ramaphosa and relevant Ministers on possible changes to the lockdown measures.
Solidarity proposes comprehensive measures to ensure that people can work well. These measures include strict hygiene regulations, protective equipment, rules around social distancing, changed working hours, regulation of numbers in the workplace, workplace testing and other risk restrictions.
Read more about this:
- Solidarity’s 2021 10-point plan for a safe workplace. Click here
- A letter to the President and relevant Ministers, written by the Chairperson of the Solidarity Movement, Flip Buys. Click here
- A memorandum to the President and the relevant ministers, indicating Solidarity’s support for a new form of lockdown which balances both health as well as economic concerns. Click here
- A proposed Code of Good Practice – measures to ensure healthy decent work during and after the Covid-19 lock down and pandemic. Click here
* All information was correct at the time of publication.
Foto krediet: Pexels